Coriander Seeds have a sweet, aromatic taste that comes with a touch of citrus. Toasting or frying in oil brings out a more pungent flavour. This is popular not just in Indian cuisine but also Asian and European cuisines too. This is rich in vitamins C, provitamin A, and K and also contains folate, potassium and manganese. From helping manage sugar and cholesterol levels to controlling hair loss, this has many wonderful healing properties.
- Coriander seeds have antiseptic properties and can help overcome skin ailments eczema, itchy skin, rashes and inflammation.
- For those with diabetes, this can keep blood sugar within permissible limits.
- Coriander seeds can help to prevent hair fall and stimulate new hair growth.
- Whole coriander generates digestive compounds and juices that speed up digestion.
- Coriander is rich in coriandrin that reduces cholesterol levels.
- It corrects menstrual irregularities by maintaining the hormonal balance.