Green Gram Dal is a small, green bean that belong to the legume family and is native to India. It has a slightly sweet taste and is used to make curries, salads and soups. Some Asian desserts use this in paste form. Low in calories, this is very nutritious and touted as a superfood. It contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Carotene beta, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin K. It also has minerals such as Calcium, Copper, Iron, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus and Zinc. It’s one of the best vegetarian sources of protein. A must for pregnant women as its rich in folate. This helps prevent cardiovascular diseases, reduces high blood pressure, improves digestive health and more.
• A folate rich food for pregnant women.
• Its healthy antioxidants reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
• Its anti-inflammatory properties protect against heat stroke.
• Reduces high blood pressure.
• Can prevent cardiovascular diseases and btrings down bad cholesterol levels.
• The high fibre content improves digestive health.
• Promotes weight loss by making you feel fuller for longer.