Kuruvai is the major species pertaining to a particular cropping season exclusively practiced by Tamilnadu farmers. The other cropping season is Samba. The paddy cultivated in these seasons are named after accordingly. Hence Karun Kuruvai represents Kuruvai cropping season- the crop is sown in June-July or rarely in early August or later part of May. Karun Kuruvai is an important sub species of Kuruvai family.
Karung kuruvai rice has got a “kayakalpam” property which will protect our body. Siddha doctors use this rice variety to prepare medicines.
CROP DURATION – 110 DAYS
1. Medicinal qualities of Karun Kuruvai- consumed to treat ARTHRITIS ; Given to patients suffering from CHICKENPOX
2. Karung kuruvai rice has got a “kayakalpam” property which will protect our body (kaya kalpa practices turn old cells into new ones, and remove all impurities and toxins, which cause physical degeneration)
3. Karung kuruvai is used to treat peoples suffering from ELEPHANTIASIS
4. This rice is helps to dilute all the BAD CHOLESTEROL in our body
5. It controls and prevents DIABETES
6. It improves the vitality of the body and strengthens the NERVOUS SYSTEMS
7. It controls HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
8. It burns the fat in the body and also the blocks in the heart , hence preventing CARDIAC ARREST
9. It improves the immunity of the body
10. It removes the IMPURITIES AND TOXINS from the blood
11. It improves the SELF CONFIDENCE from children to the aged